20 January 2013

The Goth Challenge ~ Day 3 & 4

Day 3: When did you come out of the Goth closet?

When I left my parents' house, when I was about 19. Before hand I was just me with no actual labeling, but I assume my mother suspected there was something that identified my alternative way of being myself.
I think some time before I moved to live with Boris I caught my mom searching for "what is Goth?" websites. I told her she was searching the wrong source...
It's hard for me to actually define where I came out, because it was never a big secret. My parents just noticed me wearing fishnets, ripped stockings, wearing lots of studs and chains. I never explained to my mother what this was about, thought I've told her that I am listening to Goth music and going to Goth clubs, but I never really had this goth talk with her explaining what is goth, simply because she wouldn't understand. However, she always encouraged me to dress the way I like and always complimented me on outfits and makeup, which I like that she is doing and appreciate it.

Day 4: Name a stereotype or cliche you can relate to.

Funny, but there's a lot.
I love bats, they are cute! I love everything with bats!
I love crosses including inverted ones. It's the most perfect symbols ever created, it always fits!
I wear only silver jewelry, I hate gold!
Sadly, but I get depressed a lot and tend to woe and pity myself constantly. It doesn't help me live, btw.


2 comments:

  1. I tagged you for an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that your mom did that!!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete