23 August 2014

Framing Postcards DIY

This Summer is (dare I say "was?") all about reading and decorating our new home. I have 3 Berlin postcards from the DDR which I´ve been wanting to put in frames a long time now. It is a DIY project I have been planning long ago, to have that "full wall of black and white framed pictures" look. And I just love old postcards, it is beautiful photography and history in one picture!

Those 3 were taped to the wall near the mirror, here is a close up on each:



The postcards depict Berlin right after the wall was built. On the horizontal one there´s a sign in German that says "Warning - go away, Soviet Union".
I bought cheap black frames and had fun nailing them to the wall.


The postcards hang next to the bathroom door (you can see a glimpse of a Depeche Mode poster on it). I would love to have like a cloud of those little frames on the wall.


 Do you love decorating your home in a certain way? I would love to hear some ideas.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


N. Finsternis

6 comments:

  1. They look lovely! Very jealous of you being allowed to nail things into the walls. I have a few postcards I'd like to frame too, though they're more on a botanical/nature illustration theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds lovely too! Brown or golden frames would fit the theme probably :) as long as we cover the holes when we move we are allowed to nail the walls. Nails are ever so handy

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's such a great idea. I never would have thought of framaing post cards. Very pretty and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The postcards are lovely and hang perfectly in your hallway. Even those are post cards the photos are great examples of historical reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are, hope to get vintage pin up ones someday too.

      Delete